My mom came down last week to help make Savannah's baptism dress. I should say came down to do it and I helped. It was like a mini wedding dress, 4 layers of netting, sheer, silk and any other difficult fabic. I mostly ironed hems and pinned, read and reread the insturctions, and did a little serging. I didn't dare sew anything that would be seen. But it turned out beautiful. I am so excited for Savannah. Actually all my girls will get to wear it and get the good use of all of Grandma's hard work, if we dare let them wear it! It only took us about 25 hours to complete. It was nice to have her here for a few days too, we all wish she lived closer.
"To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with"
Mark Twain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
What a beautiful dress!!!Your mom is amazing. Your first baptism how exciting. My first will be next year. We are getting old.
Your mom is so talented! Can't wait to see Savannah in it-she'll look cute as always!
that dress is AMAZING. When momma comes again lets set up a sewing lesson
I can't believe she is old enough already. It is awsome, but sad at the same time. The dress is lovely.
Isn't it great to have a mom who can sew. I am slowly learning and its not so bad. My mom always wanted us to learn it just took a while to realize it was a good thing. Oh and by the way it gets harder as they get older. With the two boys I can't find much time to do as much as I used too. Tylor is 11 now and Travis is 9. Tylor will be a Deacon this year. scary.
Hey I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so glad to find it. Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment